"Google Redirect Virus is a parasite which is created by some online criminals to hijack user’s Google search results. The main purpose behind redirecting Google search results and hijacking them is, getting users to visit malicious websites and have them purchase rogue software or trick them into other on-line scams. The criminals who have created this google hijack virus know that people search Google everyday and they can take advantage of it to make money for themselves.
There are lots of ways your system can catch this infection, but It is carved in stone that you have visited a malicious website unknowingly. It is very possible that you are not aware which malicious website you visited since those websites look very professional but inject the trojan on user’s computer by display fake online scanners. The other reason supportive reason for this infection is, your antivirus software is not be capable of stopping spywares efficiently.
Lots of people complain on forums that they have an Antivirus Software installed but their computer still got infected. There are several reasons for this :
1. Your Antivirus software is not capable of detecting and removing spywares. In this instance, you must get a powerful antispyware software in your system which provides real time protection.
2. If your Antivirus software supports removing spywares, its database may be out of date and without updating its definitions frequently, it will not be able to detect the latest threats. Make sure to update the software frequently and better set the updates to automatic mode.
3. The Antivirus software you are using is simply not powerful and it has no information of Google Redirect Virus in its database and It simply failed to recognize this threat.
When you system gets infected with Google Redirect Virus, you’ll be redirect to malicious websites once you click on the search results and It doesn’t matter If you are using Internet Explorer, Firefox of Opera. You’ll search on Google and click on the desired result but you’ll automatically get redirect to a website which you really don’t intend to visit. Most likely, you’ll be redirected to malicious websites which will give more pain to your computer by injecting other Trojans in your system. As soon as you discover that search results are being redirected, please stop clicking on search results and work on solving this redirect virus problem. You can even get some very nasty fake antivirus programs which are very hard to get rid of. You will click on right result but your browser will take you to a malicious website. "
Ok so after reading and downloading the software that ONLY worked for me, I was fixed. Took me like 3 hours of my afternoon to finally fix the darn thing! Here is what the post above said and I have copied it here for all!
This virus is very dangerous and It infected my computer when I visited a music related website which was obviously malicious. I spent almost 2 days trying to remove this virus and ran several scans with different spyware removers but no joy. It was a real nightmare sitting in front of PC till 5 AM in the morning and still the virus was laughing at me.
After that, I researched about this malware on various forums, blogs and other websites. Finally, I found a solution which worked for me and I want to share it with everyone. During my research, I gained a lot of knowledge about this virus and here is the solution for you. Please follow these steps literally to remove Google redirect virus permanently :
"1. Please bookmark this page as you may need it later and may have trouble finding it again.
2. First of all, please Download TDSSKiller (not a virus, my first thought when I downloaded it, but it worked!) and run it in your system. It is a very small (just 900 KB Size) utility and It scans your computer for the hidden services created by this redirect virus. Most Spyware Removers will fail removing this virus because they don’t scan for hidden services.
3. After downloading, please run this utility and It will start scanning your computer. I’m pretty certain that It will find malicious hidden services and remove those malicious services at its own.
4. Don’t restart your computer yet! Now you need to scan your computer and and delete the traces of Google redirect virus. This virus can have its files hidden deep in folders and it is almost impossible for anyone to identify those files without scanning the whole computer. If you let those files reside in your computer, the virus will be back at any time bugging you again.
For scanning your computer to find the culprit files, please click on the button below to download the most powerful legitimate Spyware Remover and install it in your system. After installing, please scan your computer and delete all the infections in finds."
OK, so now I had to download "Spy Doctor" and I paid for it, like $29 (and yes I already had spyware software I paid for before, but it DIDN'T ever find my parasite!!! This did, I downloaded it and it that combined with TDDSKiller, I was FREE!! Thank you review buddy!
You can download Spy Doctor right here!
This all worked for me! I hope it fixes it for you, this parasite is a pain in the butt!
You can also get SpyDoctor with antivirus which works too, but mo money!
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus is a top-rated malware, spyware & virus removal utility that detects, removes and protects your PC from thousands of potential spyware, adware, trojans, viruses, keyloggers, spybots and tracking threats.
If you are still having issues, there are manual removing as well, refer to review buddy's blog: